Dog rescues owners from house fire

Dogs are not only called man’s best friend for their companionship, but they can also save your life. A New Castle couple found this out first hand Thursday when their dog saved them from a fire in their home, reports WTAE.

The couple said their dog woke them after smelling smoke in a spare bedroom. Once they woke up and realized there was a fire, they tried to put it out themselves before the fire department arrived, according to what the WTAE crew uncovered.

There were no smoke alarms in the house.

A pet snake was also rescued.

 

Leave a Reply