Vet clinic believes cat was poisoned with antifreeze

A vet clinic in Washington County said they believe a cat that they were forced to euthanize was poisoned with antifreeze.

Michael Smith, who owned the cat named Ollie, told WPXI he and his mother found his cat in the driveway next door.  Smith said they fed the cat, and he fell after attempting to stand.

According to Smith, Ollie was having a mini-seizure while Smith and his mother rushed the him to the Fix ‘Ur Pet Animal Clinic in North Strabane from the Glen Meadows Mobile Home Park in Amwell Township .

The clinic said that Ollie’s death is suspicious and blood work appeared to indicate that the cat was poisoned with antifreeze.  They said they will know the cause of death within 48 hours after necropsy results come back, reports WPXI.

Animal rescue workers learned that a dog had similar symptoms when it died last week after they went door-to-door through the family’s community.

A $750 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest in the case.

Leave a Reply